- Updated the kubectl patch versions and added kubectl version 1.22.x .
- Fixes an issue that caused the load balancer services to regenerate, resulting in downtime.
- Adds a more descriptive error message to the KOTS CLI when the provided host path does not exist for snapshots storage.
- Fixes a bug that caused the “Send bundle to vendor” link to display when this feature is not enabled.
- Resolves CSS style issues.
- Fixes a bug where excluded Helm charts could not change between
UseHelmInstall: true and
UseHelmInstall: false without errors.
- Fixes a problem where the “Internal Storage” option was not selected by default in kURL clusters with the
disableS3 option set.
- Fixes a bug when Helm dependencies are aliased for Helm-native releases.
- Adds the
kubectl kots get config command to export config values. This includes a
--decrypt flag to decrypt sensitive values.
- The internal storage location for snapshots now uses a persistent volume instead of object storage when the
disableS3 flag is set to
true for embedded clusters. For more information about removing KOTS use of object storage, see the kURL add-on documentation.
- Adds version output for current and new releases to the
upstream upgrade CLI command.
- Fixes a bug that caused analyzers to surface errors in namespaces not used by the application when the admin console has cluster access in existing cluster installations.
- Fixes an issue that caused image pull secrets to be rendered in the admin console namespace instead of the
namespace specified in the kots.io/v1beta1.HelmChart when using
- Fixes the
kots pull CLI command to properly inject
imagePullSecrets when using Helm Charts with
useHelmInstall set to
- Fixes a bug that causes application images to not be deleted from a private registry.
- Fixes a bug that causes images included in support bundle’s
run collector to not be deleted from a private registry.
- Fixes a bug that caused config updates to take a long time.
- Fixes a bug that caused Native Helm to skip deploying some Helm resources on automated installations.
- Adds support for the semantic versioning of releases when the version labels are valid. To use this feature, enable semantic versioning for the channel that the license is currently on.
- Adds the ability to automatically deploy new patch, minor, or major valid semantic versions when semantic versioning is enabled. This new capability can be configured from the Version History page under the ‘Configure automatic updates’ option.
- Installing with Native Helm is generally available (GA). This workflow provides the ability to have the admin console work directly with Helm to install and manage chart resources, including support for hook weights and most Helm hooks. The existing workflow with Helm is renamed to Installing with Replicated KOTS and is still available for use. Any charts currently deployed to application instances will be unaffected by this change. Any new charts are eligible to use the Native Helm workflow.
- Weave Net container logs are now included in the default KOTS support bundle.
- Fixes a bug that prevented garbage collection of unused images from working in an embedded cluster when the registry is backed by a Rook Ceph object store.
- Fixes a bug with Native Helm that caused Kustomize “resource not found” errors when supplying multiple Helm charts with the same name prefix.
- Fixes a bug associated with Config Item dependencies not being discovered when combining Replicated and non-Replicated template functions.
- Fixes a bug that would show the “Send bundle to vendor” button while installed in an airgap environment.
- Increases the timeout for the kotsadm-postgres readiness probe.
- Fixes a Helm issue that prevented charts with empty sub-charts/dependencies from deploying.
- Fixes stuck Postgres pod in KOTS v1.56.0 caused by additional security contexts. The strict security contexts can now be enabled during admin console install and upgrade by using the
- From the Troubleshoot tab in the admin console, you can view some detailed information (such as logs, events, etc.) for each unhealthy pod in the Support bundle analysis view.
- KOTS resources now provide an explicit security context per pod and container, along with a seccomp profile (
runtime/default). This allows for policy validation through tools such as OPA Gatekeeper. KOTS containers use a read-only root filesystem, do not run as the root user or group, and do not require privileged escalation.
- Added more default analyzers for Kubernetes objects.
- To fix errors related to duplicate YAML keys, the version of Kustomize was reverted to 3.8.10 from 3.10.0.
- Fixed a bug that caused Weave analyzers to show Weave errors on installs that don’t use Weave.
- Fixed a bug that masked the “License expired” message when sharing a support bundle with a vendor.
- Fixed a bug on the admin console license page where the “Sync License” button was misaligned.
- For licenses with the “Support Bundle Upload” feature enabled, you can upload a support bundle from the admin console directly from the Troubleshoot tab.
- Updated the Kustomize version from 3.5.4 to 3.10.0.
- Updated the Helm version from 3.4.2 to 3.7.1.