- Enhanced security of embedded cluster installations by removing deprecated TLS versions.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the primary node join script to fail to be created on the Cluster Management tab.
- Fixed a bug that caused slightly increased memory usage when uploading airgap packages.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the kurl-join-cert pod to fail to be cleaned up after completion.
- Fixed a bug that caused some airgap uploads to fail with
fatal error: concurrent map read and map write.
- The KOTS Admin Console no longer includes the Node API deployment. The functionality has been migrated into the existing Go API deployment, and the resulting release bundle size is 200MB smaller (from 663MB to 463MB) and contains 1 fewer deployment. All upgrades will remove this deployment.
- Helm render errors will now be included in the skippedFiles directory in the “View Files” tab.
- KOTS will no longer require a namespace when configuring the registry settings.
- Preflight checks using the textAnalyze function can now run against multiple files when the provided filepath is a glob.
- Preflight checks relying on the storageClass function can check for the presence of a default storageclass by leaving
imagePullSecret in the troubleshoot
- Supoort filtering by label in the troubleshoot
- Include Kubernetes events in the troubleshoot
- Show a clearer message in a modal when Admin Console loses connection to the API.
- The KOTS Admin Console will now redirect to the login page automatically when session becomes invalid.
- Empty files will no longer be included in the skippedFiles directory in the View Files tab.
- Fixed support of the
helm.sh/hook-delete-policy annotation, and fixed transpiling to
- Fixed a bug that caused Admin Console pods to fail with
ImagePullBackOff errors after an upgrade in airgapped installs.
- Fixed an issue where some errors were not logged when restoring a snapshot.
- Fixed a bug that caused the
kots upstream upgrade command to fail with error 500.
- Fixed a bug that caused license installation to fail if app had a missing or malformed Application spec.
- Fixed a bug that caused KOTS to re-deploy the first release of the application when re-running preflight checks for that release.
- Empty files are no longer included in yamlErrors.
- Fixed a bug that caused the user to be redirected to the wrong version after editing the registry settings and clicking the “View Files” tab.
- Fixed a bug that caused the
kots upload command to fail with an empty KOTS config.yaml.
- Fixed a bug that caused the registry settings configuration to fail when entering ECR registry credentials.
- Fixed a bug that could cause an error
panic: d.nx != 0 when images were being pushed to a private registry during airgapped installs.
- Fixed an unclear error message when failing to parse an image ref while checking whether images were private. This error message will now include the filename that the offending image was found within.
- Updated the generated
kustomization.yaml to allow using multiple tags of the same base image with a private registry.
- Fixed a bug where previously deployed versions in the KOTS Admin Console “Version History” tab showed a status of “Deployed” instead of “Previously Deployed”.
- Fixed an issue in troubleshoot where some analyzers ignored the
- Fixed an issue in troubleshoot where statefulset status was incorrect.
- Fixed a bug that caused snapshots to be left in the
Incomplete state when switching plugins using the Admin Console UI.
- Fixed a bug where
required config items that were not visible prevented config updates even though their config group was hidden (
- Fixed a bug that caused hidden license entitlements to be visible in the license page.
- Added support for using the
when attribute on config groups to dynamically show and hide all items in a group.
- Added support for applications to request a namespace-scoped RBAC authorization instead of the default cluster-scoped authorization.
- Added new template functions for
TLSKeyFromCA (thanks @MikaelSmith)
- A new directory named skippedFiles to the View Files tab.
All files that were not valid YAML or unable to render will be listed here.
- When one or more files cannot be rendered, information about the error will be visible on the Version History page of the Admin Console.
Previously, the file was silently ignored.
- Added support for templates in status informers allowing status informers to be optionally included an other use cases.
- Added support for all built-in license fields in the
- Added alpha support for converting secets to sealed secrets when using GitOps.
- Ability to create, edit and delete redactors for support bundles in Admin Console.
- Error will be shown if release diff summary cannot be generated, allowing the installation to continue.
- Text from stderr output will be surfaced to the user when kustomize exists with an error when application is deployed.
- Added another confirmation before application restore is started since it is a destructive operation.
- Made changes to ensure that size and positioning of app icons are consistent throughout the Admin Console UI.
- When preflight checks are failing, there is now a Rerun button that allows running prefligth checks again.
- Changed volume size displayed on the Snapshots page to be in a human readable format.
- Changed messaging for gitops-enabled clusters to say that “Click-to-deploy is disabled”.
- Surfaced some unexpected error messages from the logs to be visible on the UI now.
- The embedded cluster installation script will no longer report that the Admin Console is ready before it’s available.
- Fixed a bug that caused config and application changes to be included in rendered application yaml by the
[kots upload](https://kots.io/kots-cli/upload/) command.
- Scheduled snapshots will no long fail in embedded kURL clusters.
- Fixed snapshot list flashing empty page before the first snapshot is started.
Other S3-Compatible Storage in snapshot settings now works.
- If scheduled updates download a version while on the Version History page, the UI will now show the correct state.
- The Join command generated on the Cluster Management page will no logner generate a new CA which caused the operation to fail with x509 errors.
- Fixed a bug where a snapshot could not be restored with the error that the matching application release was never deployed to the cluster.
- Installing an application from an invalid release will no longer prevent updating to a valid release.
- Fixed a bug where syncing license would prevent Admin Console from fetching application updates when an invalid release is present in version history.
- Fixed a bug where images from
Pod objects were not included in airgap builds and image URLs were not re-written to use private registries.
This affected pods that were not wrapped in Deployments, Statefulsets or other objects.
- Fixed various bugs related to installing KOTS into existing clusters that require HTTP_PROXY support.
- Fixed a bug that caused the
kots install ... --config <filename> command to ignore
valuePlaintext password fields.
This prevented automated installations for applications with password type fields on the config screen.
- Omit empty hostname from kotsadm-tls secret in order to resolve compatibility issues with Istio.
- Save button on the Config screen will now surface errors if the API call does not return a valid response.
- Fixed a bug that caused the deployed application to not be fully removed from the cluster before snapshot restore started, causing snapshot restore warnings.
TLSKey functions will now ensure that the key and cert match.
- Fixed a bug that randomly caused
panic: d.nx != 0 error when images were being pushed to private registry during airgapped installs.
- After the ssh key is successfully configured on the Deployment key page, Admin Console will now automatically navigate to the global Gitops settins page.
kots upstream upgrade --deploy command will now deploy the latest version, even if it was previously downloaded.
- Fixed a bug that caused an incorrect “invalid yaml” error when the application is deployed in certain cases.
- Added a spinner and working state to the Download Support Bundle button.
- Fixed a bug that caused the total number of lines added and removed on the Version History page did not match the number of lines in the diff view.
- In gitops-enabled installed, the Commit button will now be disabled if there are no changes to commit.
- Fixed a bug that caused warnings in the terminal while connecting to the Admin Console due to creation of too many clients to communicate with the Kubernetes API server.
- Fixed a bug that caused a blank screen to be presented to the user when an application snapshot failed to restore.
- Fixed a bug that caused the imagePullSecret for private images to not be included in snapshot backup/restore
- Fixed a bug where after generating a new support bundle using the Analyze button on the Troubleshoot page, the user is redirected to a previous bundle.
- Fixed a bug where having wrapped lines in the KOTS Config.yaml file resulted in KOTS falsely reporting the release
Contains invalid yaml on the version history page.
- Admin Console now supports GitHub Enterprise as a GitOps repository.
- Ability to change to a different snapshot storage provider using the UI on the Snapshot Settings page.
- “Internal Storage” snapshot provider option has been added to the snapshot providers list for kURL embedded clusters.
This allows the user to easily return to the default snapshot configuration when another provider (such as AWS S3 or Google Storage) has been configured.
when field support for config groups https://kots.io/reference/v1beta1/config/#when.
- Added support for installing Admin Console into an existing cluster using an airgap bundle.
- Velero add-on in kURL has been updated to match the official Velero configuration.
This is a breaking change that requires the velero namespace to be deleted before performing the next update with kURL.
- The most recent support bundles on the Admin Console troubleshoot page are now shown first.
- Helpful warnings now appear on the Version History page if the user attempts to deploy a version of the application with invalid YAML.
- Removed the KOTS metadata that was added to all application manifests for GitOps enabled clusters.
This metadata could result in situations where pods were incorrectly force-restarted.
- Improved the granularity of the airgap upload progress indicator.
- Removed the “Re-analyze” button from the troubleshoot support bundle analysis page.
- Auto deploy the app’s first version when installing the app and no preflight checks are available or preflight checks pass.
- Updated KOTS to use Kubernetes 1.18 libraries
- Improved error message when
kubectl kots download is called with an app slug that does not exist.
- Fixed a bug where preflight checks fail to trigger for UI-based airgap installations, or for automated installations where license and configuration has been provided to
kots install via the CLI.
- Fixed a bug in KOTS CLI where the
--deploy flag when checking for upstream updates fails to deploy the latest release.
- Fixed a bug in KOTS CLI install command where automated installs fail to deploy if no preflight checks are configured for the application.
- Fixed a bug in upstream KOTS CLI where checking for updates shows
There are no application updates available even when updates are actually available.
- Fixed an issue where license expiration isn’t checked until after fetching application.
- Fixed a bug where Snapshots scheduled
@daily run just on day 1 of the month instead of every day.
- Fixed an issue on the “View Files” tab in the Admin Console that shows full path instead of just subdirectory.
- Removed the CAP_CHOWN capability from the minio docker file.
When deploying to existing clusters, this SELinux capability will no longer be required.
- Fixed visual glitches on the buttons of the TLS certificate page that appears during embedded cluster installation.
- Fixed failed snapshots hooks which were shown as completed.
- Fixed bug when Velero is installed but not running, UI says velero needs to be installed.
- Fixed a bug where clicking “Save changes” in the “Registry settings” tab on an embedded cluster install in airgapped mode without changing anything results in corrupted registry credentials.
- Fixed an issue where the diff viewer in Admin Console does not scroll to the end of the file.
- Fixed an issue where pushing images during an airgap installation hangs when the progress bar is nearly complete.
Attempting to reload the page will either fix the problem, or prompt another upload that will work the second time around.
- Fixed a bug where automatic update checks result in duplicate releases on the Version History page.
- Fixed a bug where re-uploading an airgap bundle does not work if previous upload fails while pushing to s3/docker.
- Added support for Sonatype Nexus registries from the Admin Console.