- Fixed issue where rolling back to an older version of the application appeared successful in the UI, but did not actually complete until the kotsadm-api pod was manually restarted.
- Fixed issue that prevented deployment of anything other than the latest version in the Admin Console. Clicking the ‘deploy’ button next to an older version in the Admin Console will now correctly deploy that version, instead of always deploying the latest version.
- Fixed UI issue preventing all airgap bundle uploads from the dashboard. Uploads on the ‘Version History’ page were not affected.
- Addressed layout issues on the Admin Console dashboard that appeared if there were any errors reported during airgap package upload.
- Added support for a new
additionalNamespaces field in the
apiVersion: k8s.io/v1beta1, Kind=Application manifest.
- Added a
requireMinimimalRBAC field in the
apiVersion: k8s.io/v1beta1, Kind=Application manifest. When enabled and running
kots install, KOTS will default to a namespaced-scoped RBAC role instead of a cluster-scoped role.
- Added a new
Distribution template function to return a string indicating the managed Kubernetes offering (i.e.
- Added a new kURL Context and corresponding template functions to read
values from the kURL Installer CRD. These functions are not available on the config page.
- Changed the internal API that
kots upload and
kots download use to the Go API. The Typescript implementations are deprecated.
- Added Velero status to the dashboard tile to identify if Velero is not installed and Snapshots are enabled.
- When running the Admin Console port forward (after
kots install or
kots admin-console), if port 8800 is not available, a random port will be used instead of showing an error.
- Default support bundle collectors now include rook, ceph, and kURL information.
- Removed the
allowSnapshots flag from the
kots.io/v1beta1/Appplication resource. Snapshots are now enabled by including a
velero.io/v1/Backup resource in a release.
- Fixed the bug that caused the Login button to become disabled.
- Fixed the bug that caused the
NoSuchKey error when deploying a version.
- Fixed issue that caused the Admin Console to crash when checking for updates if the installed app did not have a previous configuration saved.
- Fixed a bug that prevented fetching updates when a license update was pending. Now, the license will be synced, and then updates will be fetched.
- Fixed a bug that would cause subsequent updates in the Admin Console to fail if a previous release failed to upload to the internal object store (Minio, Rook, S3).
- Template functions in Preflight checks were not being rendered properly before execution.
- Fixed a bug that caused updates to fail if they did not contain a kots.io/v1beta1, Kind=Config document.
- Expanding deeply nested subdirectories within the View Files tab caused parent directories to be collapsed.
- Config screen will not render if the app config has unicode characters (even if commented out).
- Preflight outcomes generated using regex analyzers with less-than (
<), less-than-or-equal (
<=), or greater-than-or-equal (
>=) conditions were evaluated in reverse. Fixed by ensuring the operators strings correspond to the correct comparison operator.
- Admin Console configuration screen no longer fails to render when the config screen manifest refers to integers or booleans in the ‘when’ field.
- Errors while uploading current directory using the KOTS CLI.
kubectl kots upload . now uploads the current directory as expected.
- Fixed some situations preflight checks having a valid
exclude parameter were improperly included.
- New releases with required config options (where
required: true) are not deployable until all required fields are present.
- The application-level GitOps page has been collapsed into a single view.
- When multiple releases are available for upgrade in the Admin Console, any new configuration changes would only apply to the latest available release. Fixed by ensuring that any configuration change applies to all available releases for upgrade, not just the latest.
- When private registry changes are being saved, they will no longer be persisted until all images are pushed successfully.
- Better error messaging when detecting invalid ConfigItem template usage.
- Fixed a bug that caused the internal use of Kustomize to fail when a manifest specified a static namespace.
- Support bundle command now works from the host on embedded online installs.
- It was possible for the Admin Console to show the GitOps application tab without first enabling GitOps.
- License template functions now work on the config screen.
- Non-library DockerHub images in airgap scenarios are now properly rewritten to use the private registry.
kubectl kots reset-password now allows using
--namespace to specify the namespace, in addition to passing the namespace as an argument.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the app to be deployed without the initial settings in airgap scenarios.