- Added CLI commands to configure AWS, other S3, GCP and Azure as KOTS Snapshot storage destinations.
- The kots install and kots upstream upgrade commands now support the
- Added a Helm opt-in feature where values and optionalValues are recursively merged if the dataset is recursive in nature.
- Default values of password types are now hidden on the application config screen.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Azure Blob Storage option to be hidden in the KOTS Snapshots settings.
- Fixed a bug that could cause errors switching between KOTS Snapshots providers.
- Fixed a bug where KOTS would watch for changes to Kubernetes Namespaces even when the
additionalNamespaces parameter was not set, causing excessive logging when
requireMinimalRBACPrivileges is set and the kotsadm and kotsadm-operator Service Accounts have insufficient permissions in the cluster.
- Silenced excessive logging by the kotsadm-operator when the application deploy loop fails repetedly.
- Fixed an issue that would cause a broken login screen icon when the Identity Service is enabled and there in no application icon.
- Fixed a bug that caused Prometheus metrics not to work when kotsadm is not running in the default namespace.
- Fixed a bug that allowed deploying an update via the KOTS Admin UI without requiring configuration when there are non-set required config items.
- Fixed a bug that caused “no basic auth credentials” image pull errors after running a kots install command with private registry credentials.
- Updated KOTS Snapshots restore CLI to report errors and warnings from Velero.
- Updated KOTS Admin UI to include local timezone when displaying app version deployment time.
- Updated KOTS GitOps integration to use default branch when no branch is specified.
- Updated Postgres to use Alpine as base image instead of Debian Stretch.
- Updated Schemahero to use Debian Buster as base image instead of Debian Stretch.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a Full snapshot restore to be be stuck in
In Progress state indefinitely.
- Fixed a bug that caused the application to be redeployed right after a snapshot restore.
- Fixed a bug that required user to upload license from KOTS Admin UI even if it was specified in the install command when
--airgap flag is used.
- Fixed a bug that caused Logout and Login buttons to stop working.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Postgres image to be missing from the Admin Console airgap package.
- Updated the Preflight Checks are in progress experience in KOTS Admin UI to show a progress bar and information about the test currently running.
- Increased kotsadm Pod CPU limits from 500m to 1 in order to improve performance of Preflights and Support Bundle collection.
- Updated to Primary and Secondary node language in the KOTS Admin Cluster Management UI to reflect newer inclusive language standards.
- Updated KOTS Admin GitOps UI to remove mention of functionality that is not yet available.
- Updated base images for KOTS Admin Console components from debian:stretch to debian:buster to address open CVEs in upstream components.
- Updated the SchemaHero dependency to 0.12.0
- Fixed a bug that caused Kubernetes objects with exclude-labels to be undeployed during backup restorations.
- Fixed a bug that caused S3 region lookup failure if duplicate bucket names are present across aws-gov and non-aws-gov regions.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Support Bundle command shown in the KOTS Admin Console Troubleshoot UI to not respect custom redactors that are defined in the application or the Admin Console.
- Fixed a bug that could cause an analyzer or its graphic to not properly render in the Support Bundle analysis within KOTS Admin Console Troubleshoot UI.
- Fixed a bug that could cause KOTS Admin Console pods to be started before database schema migrations are applied, resulting in unpredictable behavior.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the user to be logged out of KOTS Admin Console during an airgap bundle upload.
- Updated Skip Preflights modal in KOTS Admin UI to make it more obvious that skipping preflights is not the recommended installation behavior.
- Added instrumentation for the Admin Console and application installation outcome.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Admin Console pods to be scheduled on nodes with the wrong architecture.
--skip-preflights flags to KOTS upload cli.
- Fixed a bug that could cause cluster scoped resources to not be included in Snapshots.
- Fixed a bug that caused Full Snapshots to ignore the backup spec defined in the application release.
- Fixed a bug where config icon was still visible on Version History page if there was no present config.
- Fixed a bug that could cause config screen to not work if application config has an empty config group.
- Fixed a bug that could cause airgap bundle upload to fail if license channel was changed previously.
- Fixed a bug that caused license upload to fail during airgapped license update if unicode characters were present in custom fields.
- Fixed a bug that caused the namespace specified in additionalNamespaces to be removed if the same namespace was previously used in the application spec.
- Fixed KOTS casing in version output message to align with style guidelines.
- Fixed a bug that caused app redactors to be ignored during support bundle collection.
- Fixed a bug that caused upgrading the app using the cli in airgapped kurl clusters to require the registry namespace to be provided.
- Fixed a bug that caused custom redactors defined in the Admin Console to have no effect on the generated support bundles.
- Application Config form under the config tab now has a min and max width to better maintain spacing on the page.
- Upgraded Helm v3 dependency from v3.2.4 to v3.5.2.
- Added instrumentation for preflight usage.
- Fixed a bug where boolean custom fields were not displayed properly on the license page.
- Fixed a bug where the wrong page title was shown on the Cluster Management page.
- Fixed a bug where conditional config items would show up on the navigation tree even when they are hidden in the main config. Now Application Config groups that have a conditional ‘when’ value or that have been set to ‘hidden’ will be hidden in the sidebar when necessary.
- Fixed a bug where the Admin Console could hang if you attempted to upgrade KOTS when the latest was already running.
- Fixed a bug that could cause documents to get ignored in Helm Charts.
- Removed duplicate secrets while generating support bundle.
- New design for application configuration screen that allows easy navigation to different sections of the configuration. This feature requires no change to existing configuration. It leverages any existing Groups and Items hierarchy in the current config.
- Updated links to version configuration to indicate whether config is read-only or editable.
- Improvements to memory and disk usage when airgap bundles are being uploaded.
- Troubleshoot (support bundle and analyzers) has been upgraded to v0.10.7.
- Added helper text to replace default external documentation links where possible to better support airgap and white labeling use cases.
- Fixed a bug that allowed editing read-only fields on the application config screen.
- Fixed a bug that caused viewing the list of Full Snapshots in the Admin Console to fail if one of the snapshots contains an app that no longer exists.