- Added support for using the
when attribute on config groups to dynamically show and hide all items in a group.
- Added support for applications to request a namespace-scoped RBAC authorization instead of the default cluster-scoped authorization.
- Added new template functions for
TLSKeyFromCA (thanks @MikaelSmith)
- A new directory named skippedFiles to the View Files tab.
All files that were not valid YAML or unable to render will be listed here.
- When one or more files cannot be rendered, information about the error will be visible on the Version History page of the Admin Console.
Previously, the file was silently ignored.
- Added support for templates in status informers allowing status informers to be optionally included an other use cases.
- Added support for all built-in license fields in the
- Added alpha support for converting secets to sealed secrets when using GitOps.
- Ability to create, edit and delete redactors for support bundles in Admin Console.
- Error will be shown if release diff summary cannot be generated, allowing the installation to continue.
- Text from stderr output will be surfaced to the user when kustomize exists with an error when application is deployed.
- Added another confirmation before application restore is started since it is a destructive operation.
- Made changes to ensure that size and positioning of app icons are consistent throughout the Admin Console UI.
- When preflight checks are failing, there is now a Rerun button that allows running prefligth checks again.
- Changed volume size displayed on the Snapshots page to be in a human readable format.
- Changed messaging for gitops-enabled clusters to say that “Click-to-deploy is disabled”.
- Surfaced some unexpected error messages from the logs to be visible on the UI now.
- The embedded cluster installation script will no longer report that the Admin Console is ready before it’s available.
- Fixed a bug that caused config and application changes to be included in rendered application yaml by the
[kots upload](https://kots.io/kots-cli/upload/) command.
- Scheduled snapshots will no long fail in embedded kURL clusters.
- Fixed snapshot list flashing empty page before the first snapshot is started.
Other S3-Compatible Storage in snapshot settings now works.
- If scheduled updates download a version while on the Version History page, the UI will now show the correct state.
- The Join command generated on the Cluster Management page will no logner generate a new CA which caused the operation to fail with x509 errors.
- Fixed a bug where a snapshot could not be restored with the error that the matching application release was never deployed to the cluster.
- Installing an application from an invalid release will no longer prevent updating to a valid release.
- Fixed a bug where syncing license would prevent Admin Console from fetching application updates when an invalid release is present in version history.
- Fixed a bug where images from
Pod objects were not included in airgap builds and image URLs were not re-written to use private registries.
This affected pods that were not wrapped in Deployments, Statefulsets or other objects.
- Fixed various bugs related to installing KOTS into existing clusters that require HTTP_PROXY support.
- Fixed a bug that caused the
kots install ... --config <filename> command to ignore
valuePlaintext password fields.
This prevented automated installations for applications with password type fields on the config screen.
- Omit empty hostname from kotsadm-tls secret in order to resolve compatibility issues with Istio.
- Save button on the Config screen will now surface errors if the API call does not return a valid response.
- Fixed a bug that caused the deployed application to not be fully removed from the cluster before snapshot restore started, causing snapshot restore warnings.
TLSKey functions will now ensure that the key and cert match.
- Fixed a bug that randomly caused
panic: d.nx != 0 error when images were being pushed to private registry during airgapped installs.
- After the ssh key is successfully configured on the Deployment key page, Admin Console will now automatically navigate to the global Gitops settins page.
kots upstream upgrade --deploy command will now deploy the latest version, even if it was previously downloaded.
- Fixed a bug that caused an incorrect “invalid yaml” error when the application is deployed in certain cases.
- Added a spinner and working state to the Download Support Bundle button.
- Fixed a bug that caused the total number of lines added and removed on the Version History page did not match the number of lines in the diff view.
- In gitops-enabled installed, the Commit button will now be disabled if there are no changes to commit.
- Fixed a bug that caused warnings in the terminal while connecting to the Admin Console due to creation of too many clients to communicate with the Kubernetes API server.
- Fixed a bug that caused a blank screen to be presented to the user when an application snapshot failed to restore.