- Added beta support for the ability to enable and integrate Role Based Access Control for both the KOTS Admin Console and/or the Vendor Application.
- Added the ability to include custom branding for the Vendor Application Identity Service login page.
- Omitted the top level directory from the KOTS Admin Console support bundle file tree.
- Fixed a bug that caused logging in with certain identity providers to fail with “missing ‘email_verified’ claim”.
- Fixed a bug that caused some images to be pulled through the proxy registry instead of the private registry when private registry was configured.
- Fixed a bug that caused the
ConfigOption to resolve to a previous value for some config items.
- Added the ability to control access to the Vendor Application by integrating with an identity provider. This feature is experimental and only available to vendors and licenses that have the Identity Service feature enabled. It is currently only available for the embedded Kubernetes installation method.
- Sprig functions upgraded to v3.2.0 and related TLS functions have been deprecated.
- Added a modal to confirm action when clicking deploy, re-deploy or rollback on a release in KOTS Admin.
- Added validation for registry endpoint format in kots admin-console push-images command.
- Fixes an issue where port forwarder would sometimes fail instead of selecting a random port automatically when the local port is not available.
- Fixes a navigation issue within the application snapshots section that resulted in the inability to navigate to instance snapshots.
- Fixes a bug that caused CRDs included in Helm v3 charts to not be applied automatically on the initial deployment of the app.
- Fixed a bug that prevented application upgrade downloads in some cases.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent further application upgrades when a bad configuration results in invalid spec being rendered and license is updated by the application vendor at the same time.
- Added the ability to control access to the KOTS Admin Console by integrating with an identity provider. This feature is experimental and only available to vendors and licenses that have the Identity Service feature enabled. It is currently only available for the embedded Kubernetes installation method.
- Added the ability to redeploy the currently deployed app version.
- Added beta support for instance snapshots in embedded clusters.
- Added retry logic to improve reliability of private image detection in environments with challenging networking configuration. This will retry 3 times before failing.
skip-preflights flag to
kots install and
kots upstream upgrade commands.
- Fixed “v1 docker registries are not supported” error message.
- Fixed a bug in the Admin Console which caused the UI to crash when clicking the redacted file link under the “Redactors” tab in the troubleshoot page.
- Fixed a bug in the Admin Console that showed the wrong CLI command in the error modal when uploading the license fails.
- Fixed a bug that caused Helm charts to be silently excluded from deployments due to invalid YAML.
- Fixed an issue with the “Node Resources” analyzer label filtering that caused an error when the label is not found.
- Fixed an issue when configuring “Gitops” that would cause a permission denied error when adding a path.
- Fixed a bug that caused airgapped application updates to fail in some cases after upgrading Admin Console from 1.19 or earlier.
- Fixed a bug that caused applications that use operators fail to deploy on the first attempt due to missing CRDs, unless the CRD version was
Now any version that begins with
apiextensions.k8s.io/ will be recognized.
- Fixed a bug that caused kubectlVersion to be ignored, unless it was
- The same license can no longer be installed twice on the same Admin Console instance.
- Pull policy for Admin Console images has been changed from
IfNotPresent to account for new rate limits enforced by Docker Hub.
- License page has been improved to better highlight application features.
- Removed support for Kustomize 2.0.3.
- Fixed a bug that caused
kots admin-console push-images command to fail when secret ID and secret key are used for authentication with ECR.
- Fixed a bug that caused errors to not be surfaced to the user on the Snapshots page.
- Fixed a bug that caused a compatibility warning to be shown on the Snapshots page if Velero 1.5.2 is installed, which is fully supported.
- Fixed a bug that caused
LabelSelectors to be removed from the application’s Backup spec.
- Added a button for redeploying failed deployments.
- Added warning if an incompatible version of Velero is installed.
- Improved description of what instance and application snapshots do.
- Better error handling when live-rendering app configuration.
- Fixed a bug that could cause old certificates to be used in kURL based installs.
- Fixed a bug that caused updates to not be deployed from the CLI when upgrading from an airgap bundle with the
deploy flag specified.
- Fixed a bug that caused
kotsadm pod to be evicted during backup.
- Fixed a bug that caused authentication to fail if secret
kotsadm-password is deleted prior to using the
kots reset-password command.
- Fixed a bug that caused airgap application update using command line to print that no updates are available.