- Fixed a bug that caused installations and upgrades to fail in OpenShift clusters.
- Added CLI commands to configure AWS, other S3, GCP and Azure as KOTS Snapshot storage destinations.
- The kots install and kots upstream upgrade commands now support the
- Added a Helm opt-in feature where values and optionalValues are recursively merged if the dataset is recursive in nature.
- Default values of password types are now hidden on the application config screen.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Azure Blob Storage option to be hidden in the KOTS Snapshots settings.
- Fixed a bug that could cause errors switching between KOTS Snapshots providers.
- Fixed a bug where KOTS would watch for changes to Kubernetes Namespaces even when the
additionalNamespaces parameter was not set, causing excessive logging when
requireMinimalRBACPrivileges is set and the kotsadm and kotsadm-operator Service Accounts have insufficient permissions in the cluster.
- Silenced excessive logging by the kotsadm-operator when the application deploy loop fails repetedly.
- Fixed an issue that would cause a broken login screen icon when the Identity Service is enabled and there in no application icon.
- Fixed a bug that caused Prometheus metrics not to work when kotsadm is not running in the default namespace.
- Fixed a bug that allowed deploying an update via the KOTS Admin UI without requiring configuration when there are non-set required config items.
- Fixed a bug that caused “no basic auth credentials” image pull errors after running a kots install command with private registry credentials.
- Updated KOTS Snapshots restore CLI to report errors and warnings from Velero.
- Updated KOTS Admin UI to include local timezone when displaying app version deployment time.
- Updated KOTS GitOps integration to use default branch when no branch is specified.
- Updated Postgres to use Alpine as base image instead of Debian Stretch.
- Updated Schemahero to use Debian Buster as base image instead of Debian Stretch.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a Full snapshot restore to be be stuck in
In Progress state indefinitely.
- Fixed a bug that caused the application to be redeployed right after a snapshot restore.
- Fixed a bug that required user to upload license from KOTS Admin UI even if it was specified in the install command when
--airgap flag is used.
- Fixed a bug that caused Logout and Login buttons to stop working.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Postgres image to be missing from the Admin Console airgap package.
- Updated the Preflight Checks are in progress experience in KOTS Admin UI to show a progress bar and information about the test currently running.
- Increased kotsadm Pod CPU limits from 500m to 1 in order to improve performance of Preflights and Support Bundle collection.
- Updated to Primary and Secondary node language in the KOTS Admin Cluster Management UI to reflect newer inclusive language standards.
- Updated KOTS Admin GitOps UI to remove mention of functionality that is not yet available.
- Updated base images for KOTS Admin Console components from debian:stretch to debian:buster to address open CVEs in upstream components.
- Updated the SchemaHero dependency to 0.12.0
- Fixed a bug that caused Kubernetes objects with exclude-labels to be undeployed during backup restorations.
- Fixed a bug that caused S3 region lookup failure if duplicate bucket names are present across aws-gov and non-aws-gov regions.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Support Bundle command shown in the KOTS Admin Console Troubleshoot UI to not respect custom redactors that are defined in the application or the Admin Console.
- Fixed a bug that could cause an analyzer or its graphic to not properly render in the Support Bundle analysis within KOTS Admin Console Troubleshoot UI.
- Fixed a bug that could cause KOTS Admin Console pods to be started before database schema migrations are applied, resulting in unpredictable behavior.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the user to be logged out of KOTS Admin Console during an airgap bundle upload.
- Updated Skip Preflights modal in KOTS Admin UI to make it more obvious that skipping preflights is not the recommended installation behavior.
- Added instrumentation for the Admin Console and application installation outcome.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Admin Console pods to be scheduled on nodes with the wrong architecture.
--skip-preflights flags to KOTS upload cli.
- Fixed a bug that could cause cluster scoped resources to not be included in Snapshots.
- Fixed a bug that caused Full Snapshots to ignore the backup spec defined in the application release.
- Fixed a bug where config icon was still visible on Version History page if there was no present config.
- Fixed a bug that could cause config screen to not work if application config has an empty config group.
- Fixed a bug that could cause airgap bundle upload to fail if license channel was changed previously.
- Fixed a bug that caused license upload to fail during airgapped license update if unicode characters were present in custom fields.
- Fixed a bug that caused the namespace specified in additionalNamespaces to be removed if the same namespace was previously used in the application spec.
- Fixed KOTS casing in version output message to align with style guidelines.
- Fixed a bug that caused app redactors to be ignored during support bundle collection.
- Fixed a bug that caused upgrading the app using the cli in airgapped kurl clusters to require the registry namespace to be provided.
- Fixed a bug that caused custom redactors defined in the Admin Console to have no effect on the generated support bundles.
- Application Config form under the config tab now has a min and max width to better maintain spacing on the page.
- Upgraded Helm v3 dependency from v3.2.4 to v3.5.2.
- Added instrumentation for preflight usage.
- Fixed a bug where boolean custom fields were not displayed properly on the license page.
- Fixed a bug where the wrong page title was shown on the Cluster Management page.
- Fixed a bug where conditional config items would show up on the navigation tree even when they are hidden in the main config. Now Application Config groups that have a conditional ‘when’ value or that have been set to ‘hidden’ will be hidden in the sidebar when necessary.
- Fixed a bug where the Admin Console could hang if you attempted to upgrade KOTS when the latest was already running.
- Fixed a bug that could cause documents to get ignored in Helm Charts.
- Removed duplicate secrets while generating support bundle.