- Added a flag,
--wait-duration, to allow changing the time
kubectl kots install will wait for kotsadm to start.
- Fixed an issue where the kurl install script would provide an incorrect command to load images on other airgapped nodes.
- Fixed an issue where
kubectl kots install could fail when the staging API was unavailable.
- Fixed an issue where automatic update checks could result in duplicate updates being downloaded.
- Support for HTTP_PROXY and NO_PROXY environment variables in embedded cluster installations.
- Update checks within the Admin Console occur at periodic intervals (every 4 hours by default), and can be configured or disabled.
- Snapshot storage configuration is now validated on save.
- Updated to Troubleshoot v0.9.36
- Beta support for explicit Helm 3 rendering
- Added KOTS metadata to all application manifests.
A unique identifier for the local application and the version sequence will be injected as annotations to all deployed manifests.
when can now be a boolean
- Namespaces will be applied before the rest of the application YAML.
- Additional snapshot information from Velero and Restic is now included in support bundles
- Fixed issue where Admin Console can crash sometimes when using
- Snapshots page will show a message when connection to the API is lost.
- Fixed a bug that would cause orphaned pods to be left on the system when jobs are deleted.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a mismatch between TLS cert and key when using
TLSKey template functions
- Airgapped upload progress may be cropped without the ability to scroll in some situations.
Fixed by adding the ability to scroll on this page.
- Fixed a bug that could cause kotsadm-operator to not be deployed, resulting in applications being stuck in
Deploying state indefinitely.
- Fixed a bug where some text on the config page doesn’t wrap.
- Fixed a bug that prevented private images from being used in CronJobs.
- Adds support for
proxyPublicImages flag in v1beta1 kots.io application spec.
- Fixed a bug that prevented support bundle from collecting application data in embedded kURL clusters.
- Added support for installing Velero using the official Helm chart.
- Fixed a bug that caused custom links to not not be shown on the dashboard.
- Application links now work in kURL clusters.
- Fixed a bug that caused snapshot restore to fail when application YAML included a pod without a value in the namespace key.
- Fixed a bug that caused license upload screen to be stuck on progress bar indefinitely on error.
- Fixed a crash loop in the operator pod when application YAML included a custom object.
- Fixed a bug where objects with the same kubernetes group, version, kind and name would be treated as referring to the same object, even if they were in different namespaces.
Kots now properly identifies objects in different namespaces as being distinct.
- Fixed an issue where some kotsadm support bundle files would be included within
They are now properly included within
- Fixed a bug that caused
kots install with the
--license-file parameter specified to fail silently.
- Fixed a bug that caused support bundles to not be generated when snapshots fail.
- Fixed a bug where non-fatal kustomize standard error output would break saving config changes, checking for new updates and syncing licenses.
- Added support for including snapshots (backup and restore) to an application by including a Velero Backup spec. Documentation is available at https://kots.io/vendor/snapshots/overview/.
- The Admin Console can now include custom redactors to be applied to all support bundles that are generated.
- When installing using
kots install, it’s possible to supply config values via a
--config-values flag to automate an online installation
- When downloading using
kots download, it’s possible to get the password values in plain text when using a
--decrypt-password-values flag (#451).
kots upload receives a file in
upstream/userdata/config.yaml that contains plainText fields, if the matching config item is a password type, the plainText field will be encrypted and saved.
- Added a new kURL add-on to specify SELinux config.
- Added the ability to include a Docker daemon.json in a kURL spec.
- Added a new kURL add-on to specify a firewalld config.
- kURL supports local YAML patches for customers to override (or add) custom settings.
- Added the ability to upload a .RLI file (Replicated Classic) to the Admin Console.
When this happens, the RLI file will be exchanged for a valid YAML file (KOTS License).
Please contact us to enable this feature.
- The diff calculation in the Admin Console now shows a diff of the output of
kustomize build, not the full directory.
This makes the diff view show only the changes that will be applied.
- Changed how
kots install works when a
--license-file flag is provided.
It now just hands off the license file for the Admin Console to complete, causing the behavior of install with/without this field to be closer (#450).
- Update sprig template function library to 3.1.0 (see corresponding release notes).
- Changed default of
kots download to be the current directory instead of the home directory (#436).
--dest flag from recommend
kots download command on the View Files tab of the Admin Console.
- Added a timestamp to the support bundle rows on the Troubleshoot page.
- Removed the Copyright Replicated notice from the bottom of the Admin Console.
- When using the kURL embedded cluster and the customer passes a local patch yaml, both files will be stored in the cluster as
apiVersion: installers.kurl.sh/v1beta1, kind: Installer objects.
- All Admin Console objects are annotated with velero annotations now.
- Fixed a bug where generated TLS certs would not be recreated if the CN changed.
- Fixed a bug where templated helm values containing commas would cause kotsadm to fail with
failed to render archive directory when saving configuration.
- Fixed a panic that caused status informers to incorrectly report the status of the application as missing.
- Fixed a bug that was causing
kots upstream commands to fail with 500 errors (#473).
- Fixed issue where rolling back to an older version of the application appeared successful in the UI, but did not actually complete until the kotsadm-api pod was manually restarted.
- Fixed issue that prevented deployment of anything other than the latest version in the Admin Console.
Clicking the ‘deploy’ button next to an older version in the Admin Console will now correctly deploy that version, instead of always deploying the latest version.
- Fixed UI issue preventing all airgap bundle uploads from the dashboard.
Uploads on the ‘Version History’ page were not affected.
- Addressed layout issues on the Admin Console dashboard that appeared if there were any errors reported during airgapped package upload.