- After initial upload of the airgap bundle, user will be asked for the license file a second time.
This results in the creation of two apps.
- Missing fixes that were applied to 1.11.1, but removed from 1.11.2
- When there are multiple deployments with the same private image, only one deployment has the necessary pull secret.
kots admin-console upgrade fails to upgrade Admin Console.
- Unable to upload airgap bundles to KOTS clusters installed with kURL (clusters embedded with application).
- Openshift 4.3 support for existing clusters
- Support for embedding Kubernetes 1.16.4
- Support for development environments with insecure local registries
- Compatibility layer for ship-style entitlements (not titled)
kots install helm:// now enables the GitOps tab by default
- Significant performance improvements to uploadLicense and saveConfig in Admin Console
- We no longer require manual changes to firewalld settings when installing on RHEL
- kURL / Embedded Cluster Improvements:
- Changed TLS secret type from opaque to tls
- Ability to reuse to re-use the TLS certs for Kotsadm in a contour Ingress/IngressRoute
- Add a node label to to identify all kURL installs
- Silence irrelevant warnings about use of 3rd party components and upstream components during embedded cluster installation
- Support-Bundle and Preflight Improvements:
- Openshift distribution detection
- Statefulset collection
- Automatic limit range negotiation for PVC size
- Master join button on Cluster Management tab enabled when not on HA installs
kots admin-console upgrade fails to upgrade admin console.
- Server error when saving config manifests containing items of type ‘file’
- statusInformers in Admin Console show incorrect status when deploying to the default namespace
- Migrations crash-loop-back-offing container not working as expected
- Support for array types in helm charts
- SelfSubjectRulesReview is used determine RBAC rules for operator when own rules cannot be listed.
- ‘exclude-admin-console’ is now hidden from ‘kots install –help’
kots install with namespace on command line does nothing and exits without any errors
- Error when restricted operator role already exists
- Postgres invalid size prompt
- Added a new
--deploy to the
kots upstream upgrade command.
When specified, kots CLI automatically deploys the latest version in addition to downloading it.
- Improved addition of image pull secrets to jobs and other objects. Previous releases would add the image pull secret too often, causing a job object to unecessarily change.
- When deploying an update, kotsadm operator removes old resources no longer exist in the new version
- Added support for optional resources in KOTS applications.
This is specified using an annotation, documented https://kots.io/vendor/packaging/optional-resources/
- Added KOTS Hooks to manage job lifecycle. KOTS will now be able to delete a job on success or failure, and Helm Hooks will be respected.
Documented at https://github.com/replicatedhq/kots.io/pull/61 (merged in at release)
- KOTS Operator now handle CRDs and Custom Resources deployed to the same application.
Nothing needed to enable this, kots detects this and handles it.
Side effect: dry run is not executed if the application contains custom resource definitions for now.
- KOTS application can now specify a namespace hard-coded (or templated) in the YAML.
This isn’t recommended for most applications and we can’t guarantee that “existing cluster” installations will have proper RBAC set up.
But this will work in kURL installs, and was required to handle scenarios where a CRD and custom resource was deployed at the same time (CRDs aren’t deployed to a namespace).
- When the operator doesn’t have permissions to execute preflight checks, we show the error, and allow the user to execute manually using the kubectl plugin, try again, or run with the limited preflights.
- KOTS install will now respect
LimitRanges defined in the Kubernetes namespace, when deploying to a new namespace.
This is useful in managed services (i.e. OpenShift Online) that have a strict 1Gi limit on PVCs.
- Removed the binary rendering from the diff tab when using a Helm chart
- Application update via airgap bundle does not work.
- Errors while injecting image pull secrets into Helm charts that contain private images
kots download CLI command showing invalid errors